Commonly asked questions:
1) Is Dubai tenant friendly?
Absolutely. The ‘Ejari’ rental system in Dubai along with the proactive guidelines and regulations put in place by Dubai Land Department in conjunction with RERA ensure a smooth, effortless, and fair rental experience for renters.
2) Is Dubai Landlord friendly?
Absolutely. Tax free rental income, dollar pegged currency, high ROI’s, no capital gain’s taxes, no capital controls or time line for liquidating investments and very strong property rights means that Dubai is probably the most unique global destination for landlord’s currently.
3) Time it takes to register a new purchase in Dubai?
The process here in Dubai is very efficient and effective. The timeline depends on whether you are buying Off-Plan or Secondary market units. Also, within Secondary market, it matters whether you are a mortgage or non-mortgage buyer. Usually, it is a matter of a few hours to a few days.
4) Document required to rent.
Emirates ID, Pasport Copy, Visa Page
5) Can you book your off-plan property without visiting Dubai?
Yes. It is a common trend.
6) What are the more affordable areas of Dubai?
JVC, Arjan, Furjan, Dubai Silicon Oasis, Discovery Gardens
7) Do short term rentals boost your return on investment
Yes, they can certainly boost your returns, but you must adjust these returns against the risks i.e., apply the concept of risk adjusted returns.
8) Can you place multiple cheques for rental?
Yes, up to, four cheques are usually acceptable, however, the discretion is with the landlord.
9) Can you buy properties in all parts of Dubai?
While not in all parts of Dubai, you can buy properties in almost all the modern and relevant parts of Dubai.
10) Is Dubai an expensive place to live?
It is a relative question; depends on what city you are comparing Dubai with and what parts of Dubai and what lifestyle you chose for yourself here. Overall, yes, living in Dubai comes at a premium, however, it the premium you pay for modern and world class amenities, infrastructure, and connectivity.
11) What are the criteria for obtaining UAE Golden Residency Visa via real estate investment?
Property Investor Golden Visa is issued for a tenure of 5-10 years upon the minimum investment of AED 2 million, in a single or multiple properties under the same applicant’s name. If the property is mortgaged or an installment plan, the bank or developer must be paid at least AED 2 million. The visa is also granted to the dependent family members too.
12) What are the good areas for ROI?
International City, JVC, Dubai Silicon Oasis, Dubai Marina.
13) What docs do you need for buying?
For Resident: Emirates ID, Passport, Visa Page
For Non- Resident- Passport
14) Affordable townhouse/ villa communities of Dubai?
Villanova, ReemRam, Damac Hills, Damac Hills 2, Emaar South, Serena, Mudon
15) How does Dubai compare to other global cities for property prices?
Very competitive. Depending on the areas you chose and the deal you are being offered, Dubai property prices on the whole are still considerably lower then other global cities like London, New York, Hong Kong or even a Mumbai.